M’s English is an ever-expanding private English conversation school with 20 years’ experience in the Takasaki area of Gunma Prefecture that offers a dynamic work environment to its teachers. With lessons of all types to students of all ages and including an established publishing company, M’s is a welcoming environment seeking dedicated, positive teachers to round out our close team of 10 Native English Instructors.
Due to opening to new branches of our school, M’s is seeking multiple Native English Instructors to teach at our locations in the Takasaki area. The successful candidates will begin their training in February / March of 2022. This position is currently open to applications from around the world (visas pending).
Our Native English Instructors teach a variety of lessons, both in house and in the community. In house lessons are small groups or private lessons, following a curriculum the Native English Teachers make and critique ourselves, using textbooks our teachers create based on the needs of our students. Our lessons within the community include business lessons, university classes, and our ever-growing kindergarten program that services over 30 kindergartens in the region. A typical day for our team requires meeting at the main branch, cooperating with a Japanese staff member on making lesson plans, teaching interactive engaging lessons and travelling to various places to teach the lessons. M’s has a range of cars for use, and transportation costs are covered by the company.
Takasaki is a mid-sized Japanese city in the Gunma prefecture. The majority of our Native Instructors live on the same street in an apartment of their choosing within walking distance to M’s. Gunma is surrounded by mountains, and it is common for our team members to go hiking and explore on the weekend. Tokyo is an hour bullet train ride away, perfect for a day trip. Our community of Native Teachers hold monthly game nights, and regularly hang out after work and on weekends.
- must hold a valid International Driving Permit or Japanese Driver’s License (a car will be provided for work use)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in any field
- Native English ability
- Citizenship from a country where the official language is English
Preferences and added bonuses:
To encourage personal and professional growth M’s offers incentives for the following certifications. All amounts are paid as a one-time bonus upon completion of each year at M’s.
• Master’s degree in TESOL/TEFL holders: 30,000 yen
• CELTA holders: 20,000 yen
• TEFL Certificate holders (obtained on-site, inclusive of practicum): 20,000 yen
• TEFL Certificate holders (obtained online, minimum 120 hours): 10,000 yen
• JLPT N2: 20,000 yen
• JLPT N1: 30,000 yen
- A sense of community. More than anything, we are looking for someone with flexibility, an open mind and a thirst for constant professional improvement. Our team is very closely knit and willing to help each other. The right person to add to this team does not necessarily need to be an experienced teacher but should be willing to take feedback and be conscientious of those around them.
- A sense of purpose in the ESL field. Our teachers are creating programs according to their strengths, such as: our English STEM program, creating materials to be published, editing for our publishing department, app development, giving presentations about our company to large crowds, creating curricula, translation work, event planning…the list goes on. Professional growth is the highlight of the position, with credentials given where applicable.
- Leadership opportunities for those who wish to excel, and corresponding pay incentives.
- A 40-hour work week with consecutive days off. Our daily schedule is flexible, with teachers starting and finishing around their assigned classes.
- Six weeks of paid vacation a year – two weeks in August, two weeks over Christmas / New Year, one week in May for Golden Week and one week in September for Silver Week. Holidays for the year are announced in April, at the start of the academic year.
- A two- or three-year contract (April 2022-March 2024/5). This allows for teachers to truly dig deep into their professional growth and accomplish something of worth, as well as getting to know our students fully.
- Visa Sponsorship and relocation support. While no monetary support is offered, we help applicants find an apartment, set up bank accounts, and go to City Hall on arrival.
Candidates will be contacted through GaijinPot and subsequently emailed. We have a three-step interview process to allow candidates to meet more of our team and come to understand the culture at M’s. Please submit the following documents:
1) Cover Letter
3) One current photo
Feel free to check out our school website and publishing website in our profile to the right. We are also searchable on Youtube: 子どもの未来を応援する!エムズ英会話 if you wish to meet some of your future coworkers.
See ya soon!