As a teacher at English For You, you’ll be part of a small team of professional educators looking to constantly raise the standards for English education in the region. We’re looking to create a friendly, English-based community that inspires students to expand their academic and professional possibilities. At our school you will be teaching students from toddlers to adults.
If you have a passion for education, community, and teaching people of all ages, this is the place for you!
** Key Qualifications
- A strong desire to live and work in Japan
- An education-focused career path
- A Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Education or a linguistics-related field)
- Native-level English ability
- As a teacher, you’re responsible for preparing and presenting high-quality lessons tailored around the educational or professional goals of your students. You will also be given training for how to teach your classes and feedback for improvement. Every class presents new challenges, and we are looking for teachers that can handle those challenges. We want teachers that would like to keep improving their skills and be part of a team.
- During the year there are also a few school events that teachers must attend, for example,
children and adult holiday parties and Open School.
- Outside of teaching classes, we also like the teachers to be a real part of the school, so we encourage them to chat with students and parents in our lobby when there is time. For any teachers that are also creative, that is a plus because we are always making new materials for the school and classes as well as making YouTube videos for our students that are both fun and informative.
Tuesday-Friday: 12:50pm to 9:20pm (1 hour lunch break, and 30 minute break)
Saturday: 11am to 8:15pm (1 hour lunch break, and 30 minute break)
Sunday-Monday: Days off (some school event days will be on a Sunday)
We are looking to fill one position, so send us your resume and let's get started! Interviews will be held online.
If you would like to see more about us, please search for our website and social media.