【ALT Work in a Charming City in Northern Gifu!】
We are now hiring an Assistant Language Teacher for a position in the city of Mizuho, Gifu Prefecture! We're looking for a individual passionate about teaching & adaptive to the Japanese environment and education system who can be good role models for students. This position starts soon, so apply today! For those living elsewhere in Japan and interested in moving to Gifu, we are able to assist you. Please read on for more information!
Assistant Language Teachers (ALTs) work alongside Japanese teachers to make English lessons fun and engaging for the students. Practicing grammar and vocabulary, participating in games and activities to reinforce the lesson’s goals and communicating with students both inside and outside of the classroom are all part of a day’s work for ALTs.
●Location: Mizuho City, Gifu Prefecture
●Contract Duration: September 21st 2021 to March 25th 2022
●Contract Type: Full-time
●General working hours: 8:00 am to 16:45 pm
●Level: Elementary schools
●Remuneration: Between 220,000 to 245,000 yen / month
● After completing the contract, those who wish to stay with us get priority for future positions
In addition to those stated above, successful candidates must have the following:
● At least 1 year or more of ALT experience with strong evaluations from the schools they worked at
● Proactive in communicating with teachers and students
● Mentally and Physically Healthy
● Professional & able to protect confidentiality
Being an ALT lets you work regular school hours on weekdays, leaving your evenings and weekends free. National holidays and school vacation periods are all yours to enjoy. But that’s just the beginning. ALTs with Borderlink enjoy:
● Assistance with visa sponsorship/renewal (where applicable)
● Continual Training (both before starting and annually during your time with us)
● Access to teaching materials including worksheets and flashcards
● Help with relocation & finding housing if you’re looking to move
● Round-the-clock support for your work/life needs
● Paid holidays (as stipulated by the contract)
● A yearly calendar/schedule to help manage your other commitments
● Priority for future positions
【About Mizuho City (岐阜県瑞穂市)】
Mizuho is located in southwestern Gifu Prefecture and part of the Nōbi Plain. Despite its countryside location, the city offers much to experience, from numerous shrines and historical sites, various annual festivals, and Sunomata Castle, which overlooks the Nagara River. While driving is necessary for fast travel, the suburban roads also mean less traffic and ease of access to the Tōkaidō Main Line. Mizuho is about an hour's drive from Nagoya and just under a half hour from Gifu City. Because of that, these positions are excellent for teachers seeking a peaceful, low-stress environment with plenty of freedom while still having a big city be just a commutable distance away.
We are accepting applications now! We conduct Skype interviews regularly throughout the business week, and welcome applicants from all over Japan. We’re waiting to hear from you, so please apply today! And thank you for your interest in working with Borderlink!
▲PLEASE NOTE: as we receive a high number of applicants, only those who pass the initial screening will be contacted for an interview.