Thank you for your interest in our school! Kinder Kids International School (KKIS) is a global educational establishment with a presence in Japan, Canada, and Hawaii.
Established in the year 2000, KKIS was founded to change the way we approach Early Childhood Education and challenge the status quo. We have an excellent reputation and a proven track record and believe in preparing our children for the future globalized world with a deep respect for our native culture and an equal respect for other cultures too.
We are currently recruiting for full-time preschool teachers at;
Nara Tomigaoka (School Expansion)
Substitute Teacher (Osaka Area)
With a GLOBAL presence and a PASSION for high quality education, KKIS is able to collaborate with an educational team from all over the world (60 plus nationalities) and bring an education that is truly UNIQUE, independent and far reaching.
Children should be in a school that keeps them SAFE and allows them to IMAGINE, EXPLORE and CREATE. Our INDEPENDENT curriculum is designed to just that.
As the school educates the future members of our society, we believe that we should be ACTIVE members of the COMMUNITY and make positive contributions, prepare the children for the future and role model excellence.
-Job Specific Section-
We are now hiring teachers to join our professional team of educators. We are specifically looking for applicants in the Osaka area however are happy to receive applications from those who wish to work in Kanto, Aichi or Fukuoka as well. Please consult our website for location details and remember to mention YOUR preferences in your application.
We are looking for only the best PEOPLE to join our excellent team of Early Childhood specialists. Please note that we are not an Eikawa/Language School.
This post is best suited to people who have an ambition to work within the field of EDUCATION as a teacher/educator, and have an interest in building a future with us.
Children are divided by age group into five independent grades, two in preschool and three in kindergarten. We naturally prepare a full training and onboarding program prior to starting your new position. This will help you to LEARN all about our VALUES, our CURRICULUM and educational PRACTICES. It is often said that learning never stops when referring to children, we agree that the same should be true for the adults as well. Once you have finished the initial training and onboarding program, you will access to a wide range of learning and training materials, as well as have the opportunity to attend development seminars both internally and externally.
We embrace a 50/50 RELATIONSHIP regarding professional development. If we identify an area of need, we will allocate required training. If you identify an area of need, we will allocate the requested training. Clear and open communication is the basis for this successful relationship.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for people who have a PASSION for teaching, making a DIFFERENCE and challenging the status quo. We want only the best people who are willing and able to help us maintain and build upon our high standards in Early Childhood Education. You will need to have a friendly and outgoing personality, be easy to get along with and talk to plus;
You will need to have;
- A University degree.
- A current Japanese working visa (without restriction).
- A positive and collaborative attitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A good command of both written and spoken English.
- Access to reliable transportation that will get you to work on time.
- At least 1 year of teaching experience, or two years working experience post graduation in your home country, or two years working experience in Japan.
- Experience working in a customer service environment with proven and demonstrative skills.
- A passion to improve the education and care levels of children.
- A belief in and active support of Diversity & Inclusion Programs.
- Experience proactively facilitating and driving team work.
- A belief in and awareness of the importance of bilingualism at any stage of life.
- A flexible work ethic; we believe in TEAM SPIRIT to get things done.
*You will need to be both physically and mentally fit and be able to pass a medical examination prior to contracting.
If you can play musical instruments or have any currently valid first aid qualifications, these skills will add to your application. In addition, any Preschool, Kindergarten or ECE qualifications are advantageous.
We also welcome applicants who can SPEAK, READ and WRITE in Japanese and/or Mandarin.
What you will get from us;
We work very hard to make sure that as an employer, our people feel SAFE, SECURE and HAPPY. We have an excellent training program, support network and are fully prepared to invest in you and your future.
You will also receive;
- A competitive salary with growth potential.
- A career development plan that allows for upward mobility.
- A Year End Completion Bonus of ¥100,000 (Guaranteed when contracts are completed fully)
- A Year End Performance Bonus of up to ¥100,000 per school year.
- Transportation costs covered in full.
- 30 paid leave days per school year (including Golden Week, Obon holiday, Christmas, New Year) plus 10 additional paid leave days in your first contract.
- Discount for your own child to attend (After completing probation).
- Enrollment in Koyo hoken (unemployment insurance).
- Enrollment in Shakai hoken (employee health Insurance & Pension coverage).
- Regular feedback for Learning & Development.
- Pay review based on performance at the end of each school year.
- A Career Program for the best candidates who want to build a long term future and have the right passion and drive.
- A safe and respectful work environment.
- An opportunity to work in a truly global, educational preschool.
- A voice within our global company.
- Global mobility for our most adventurous team members.
- Visa sponsorship/support as required.
- Permanent Employment Status after your first full year of employment (depending on your performance).
If you are looking for something different, a new challenge, a better career, please feel free to apply. You can learn more about us at our website.
We look forward to receiving your application. If successful, you will be invited to an in-person or online interview. Note that there are multiple stages to the interview process for any full-time position.
To make your application really stand out, we prefer a cover letter to be sent along with your application outlining one simple thing;
WHY did you choose education as a career and what do you want to change about education here in Japan?
Preference will be given to applicants based in Japan. We are also happy to receive applications from all over the world.
*Applicants applying from foreign countries are eligible for Visa Sponsorship and a possible relocation bonus of ¥100,000 to help with moving costs. Housing support can also be arranged.
If you are serious, WILLING TO WORK HARD, and ready TO TAKE ON A CHALLENGE, we are waiting to receive your application.
Please note that this is not an Eikawa position. It is a class teacher position so you will work with a group of children that you will see every day for the whole academic year. Please note that applicants must be able to commit to one school year within reason.
One final point!
If you are reading this and do not have one year of teaching experience, apply anyway. With the right passion and enthusiasm, we can help you!
We look forward to receiving your application!
**Please note that we are currently operating with additional safety measures as a result of COVID-19. We encourage you to ask for further information during the interview**