We are seeking a certified, licensed elementary teacher with strengths in early childhood education and teaching reading and math for our combination kindergarten/1st grade classroom. We are not a language school. We are an international school.
* Planning, teaching monitoring and evaluating students using the International Primary Curriculum.
* Collaborating with other teachers (PS and upper elementary) to deliver reading, math and IPC curriculum.
* Working closely with the Head of School to develop and/or adjust the curriculum to suit the academic needs of the students.
* Supervise students on class outings.
* Participate in professional development opportunities.
* The school year runs from August to July, but contracts will follow the Japanese financial year (April to March) due to technical reasons.
* Contracts are for 1 year and are renewable.
* Monday to Friday 8:30 to 5:30, including planning and preparation time.
* Housing (rent paid in-kind)
* Travel expenses (to Rokkasho, Japan)
* Cost of transporting personal belongings (to Rokkasho, Japan)
* Costs for professional development
* Health, employment and social insurance coverage
* Use of company car
About Rokkasho International School:
RIS is a small international school located in Rokkasho, Aomori Prefecture in northeastern Japan. It is managed by SunFlare Co., Ltd. through a commission by the Prefectural Government of Aomori. Student teacher ratios are very low as we cater only to the children of the international researchers and engineers in Rokkasho for a specific research project. Our elementary school is open only to the children of researchers and engineers while the preschool section is also open to Japanese students. Our students tend to come from non-English speaking parts of the world so the school provides instruction in the English language while also teaching the International Early Years Curriculum, (IEYC) to preschool, International Primary Curriculum (IPC) to elementary, and International Middle School Years Curriculum (IMYC) middle school.
Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in our care is a priority at Rokkasho International School and is a commitment shared by our whole school community