Seven Seas International School is looking for an experienced teacher with a lively personality to work at our Head School in Hamamatsucho, Tokyo. Our school provides both daily Kindergarten classes and a fun, immersive, all-English after school program to enhance the students' learning further. The after school program also welcomes in elementary school students, primarily the graduates of our school to enrich their learning experience.
The starting date is flexible, however, the training will start immediately.
Applicants must be fluent in English, energetic, and comfortable with teaching young children (ages 3 to 5). We are hoping to find someone who is eager to teach and talk to the students about wide range of topics thoroughly with passion and enthusiasm. Especially for the younger students, we require someone who is willing to talk to the students constantly in a lively atmosphere. Successful interview candidates will be invited in for a demo lesson during regular school hours.
* Must currently reside in the Tokyo Metropolitan Area.
* Must have a valid working visa.
* Must have experience teaching children.
* Teaching children ages 2 to 6 in small groups (Kindergarten)
* Teaching children ages 2 to 12 in small groups (After School) - mainly, kindergarten students, however, at times we will ask to teach the older students.
* Expanding upon the school's curriculum with original ideas and activities.
* Developing curriculum for after school programs.
* Providing a safe and fun learning environment.
[Working hours / days / wage]
* 9:00 to 18:00, 10:00 to 19:00, 10:30 to 19:30, or some combination of those shifts.
* Monday to Friday. Saturday/Sunday/National holidays off.
* Longer vacations at Golden Week, Obon, Winter Vacation.
* Total of six weeks vacation yearly, not including weekends.
* Transportation expense will be reimbursed up to 20,000 yen per month.
* Probationary period of 3 months [270,000 yen / month]
* Shakai Hoken / Insurance Coverage for full time employees (after probationary period)
* Yearly bonus and raise potential, based on performance and attendance.
* Please include cover letter and current photograph.