We require native English speaking teachers for the following positions:
1. IB MYP & DP Physics
2. ESL (Please refer to the second section for job description)
-------------------Mingdao International Department (MDID) ----------------------
1. IB MYP and DP Physics
(1) Teach MYP Physics Class.
(2) Teach DP Physics Class.
General Teacher Responsibilities:
(1) Design appropriate learning experiences that match with student needs.
(2) Design formative and summative assessments.
(3) Provide meaningful feedback on formative and summative assessments.
(4) Develop international-mindedness in the students while maintaining the respect and ties to local culture.
(5) Improve language proficiency through subject-specific communication.
(6) Work independently and collaboratively to design and refine curriculum
(7) Monitor ongoing progress and assess Language B students.
(8) Work with homeroom teachers, meet with parents to maintain links between home and school.
(9) Have an active role in the wider curriculum, participating in interdisciplinary and extracurricular activities.
(10) Stay current with MYP & DP Curriculum through consistent updates via MyIB.
(11) Maintain records of curricular documentation and student work and progress through Managebac.
(1) Take on Personal Project supervising, CAS advising, and possible Extended Essay supervising.
(2) Hall Duties.
(3) Participate in the school’s staff development program.
(4) Engage actively with the school’s performance management program.
(5) Work as a member of a team, positively contributing to effective working relations within the school.
(6) Communicate, where necessary with parents and external bodies, following school policies.
(7) Attend Course Information Evenings, Three-Way Conferences, Student-Led Conferences.
(8) Attend IB authorized training and stay current with all relevant changes to the IB guide.
Ideal Skills & Experience - All Positions:
(1) State issued teaching license and/or IB school experience
(2) Can demonstrate student-centered, authentic, inquiry-based, IB-aligned teaching methods.
(2) Experience with English-language learners.
(3) Strong English communication skills; research, writing, speaking.
(4) Excellent ability and proven willingness to collaborate with peers.
(5) Passion for receiving and/or leading professional development seminars.
(6) Empathy, patience, resilience, grit.
NTD75,000~110,000 per month depending on education and experience.
(1) Airfare subsidy: up to $30,000 NTD per year.
(2) Contract completion bonus
(3) Housing allowance
(4) IB Professional training opportunities
(5)Tuition subsidy for children
(6) Lunch allowance
(7) School bus available
(8) Mandatory health & labour insurance
(9) Visa, residency, and work permit assistance
(10) Apartment hunting assistance
Interested applicants are invited to send the following to [email protected]
(1) CV or resume
(2) Cover letter addressing your experience, teaching philosophy, classroom management style, and ideal working environment
(3) Photocopy of your state-issued teaching license
(4) 2-3 Professional letters of reference from supervisors, at least one from a school director preferred
(5) Photocopy of passport
(6) Photocopy of all diplomas
(7) Photocopy of certificate of no criminal conviction issued by your own country
(8) Recent unit plan
(9) 10-15 Minute in-class teaching video if available
2. ESL Teacher
(1) Connect with students.
(2) Deliver ESL curriculum on schedule as provided by Head Teachers.
(3) Assess student progress according to standards provided by Head Teachers.
(4) Able to structure lessons to suit diverse language abilities.
(5) Implement teaching techniques and tactics that motivate student participation and self-learning.
(6) Keep student attendance records.
(7) Keep and enter student grades into MDHS system.
(8) Participate in regular weekly meetings.
(1) Must be a native English speaker.
(2) Must possess a bachelor’s degree or higher.
(3) APRC and open work permit strongly preferred.
(4) Must be enthusiastic, outgoing, organized, responsible and cooperative.
(1) At least two years experience in Taiwan teaching high school ESL.
(2) TOEFL certification
(1) Full time, one year. Aug 1, 2021 - July 31, 2022.
(2) Monday - Friday, 8:10 a.m. to 5:10 p.m. Several Saturdays (make-up days) are anticipated.
(3) Base pay: $65,000 /month (depending on education). Base teaching hours 23 hours/ week.
(4) This position can expect approximately 27 teaching hours / week. Teaching hours over 23 hours per week are paid hourly.
(5) Package includes health insurance, labor insurance, paid national holidays, plus additional bonuses and subsidies.
If you are interested please email the following to [email protected]
(1) Cover letter addressing your experience and teaching philosophy.
(2) Resume / CV with recent photo.
(3) Photocopy of relevant diplomas and certifications.
(4) Letters of reference from supervisors, school director preferred.
(5) Photocopy of APRC and work permit, and passport.