Keiki Intercultural Preschool is a small and friendly private intercultural and international preschool, offering a comprehensive and holistic educational experience. Utilizing a unique combination of play, exploration, creative expression, and discovery, our hands-on curriculum is designed to cultivate every child's unique talents and foster confidence and early academic success. We are located in Nakamachi, Setagaya-ku.
We are currently seeking a qualified and experienced lead teacher for our students between the ages of 1 and 6.
Start date: From the 21st of June 2021 (flexible start date)
- Native English speaker is a MUST (no Japanese language is required)
- Must currently reside in Japan (visa sponsorship available)
- A minimum of 1 year experience as a classroom teacher
- Kind, joyful, dedicated, and with an energetic personality!
- Creative, artistic and musical
- Have a passion for teaching and caring for kids
- Flexible, proactive and able to adapt to changing environments
- Have integrity in relationships and interactions with students, staff, and families
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
Teachers who possess a BA or MA in Early Childhood Education or TESL, a Montessori Early Childhood Teaching Certificate, or have other similar qualifications and experience will receive preference.
You will be leading one of our baby/toddler classes from 09:00am to 2:30pm (regular school day). You will also work, as a class teacher for our extra-curricular programs and/or our private tutorial lessons in the afternoon.
Your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Create lesson plans and conduct daily lessons according to the school curriculum
- Prepare materials for classroom projects and activities
- Tailor the program to the needs of the individual child with concerns for her/his interests, special talents, and individual style and pace of learning
- Be active with younger students including singing songs and reading stories
- Oversee students’ safety and well-being throughout the day
- Assume shared “housekeeping” functions in the classroom and communal space
- Plan and support the preparation of events such as field trips, shows, etc.
- Build strong, positive relationships with students’ families.
- Prepare bi-annual progress reports for each student
Job type: Full-time: Mon-Fri, 8:30am-6:00pm
Salary: 300,000 yen to 320,000 yen depending on experience /month + transportation expenses (from station to station) up to 20,000 yen /month
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT AN ESL TEACHING POSITION
To apply for this opportunity, please send us your resume (including a brief summary of your experience, qualifications, and visa status). Only qualified applicants will be contacted.