We are happy to present an opportunity for an enthusiastic ESL content writer to join our dynamic team. Linguahouse.com is looking for a freelance writer with experience in preparing medical English materials to join us in expanding our offer of course plans.
We would love to hear from you if you have proven experience in the field and believe that you would be a good addition to our creative team.
Linguahouse.com specialises in providing ESL teaching resources online. On our online platform, we regularly publish lesson plans of different levels, topics and subjects. Our experienced writers strive to keep our lesson plans both engaging and of great academic value.
We are looking for an experienced content writer to create lesson and course plans, preparing students and workers to pass examinations necessary within the field of medicine e.g. Medical English, English for Healthcare or English for Emergency. Once you join our team, your mission will be to create a B1/B2 level, 25-unit language course for medical English. If the course proves to be a success, we will be happy to extend our collaboration to higher levels.
As a Linguahouse.com writer you will be expected to:
- Align assessment content with learning design and instructional goals;
- Write clear, well-designed texts, multiple-choice items, writing prompts, comprehension questions, and other formative and summative assessment content;
- Work with our Lead Learning Designer to evaluate and analyze activity data to iteratively improve assessment content and design;
- Prepare & write short and long texts (articles based on real-life materials online - with given sources) as well as create scripts (to be recorded in our studio) for Listening tasks;
- Create content similar to international medical tests like the OET exam, allowing students to practice vocabulary and skills needed to pass the test.
This remote freelance position is well suited to an individual that is looking to advance their career in ESL content writing by working for a renowned and constantly growing company. The position will allow you to gain hands-on experience in a supportive workplace with a flexible schedule.
We are looking for a candidate with:
- 5+ years of relevant experience (educational publishing strongly preferred);
- Advanced degree (education and medical field strongly preferred);
- Experience working with medical curriculum (preferred but not compulsory);
- TESOL certification;
- Ability to successfully manage and optimize projects and processes;
- Willingness to continually test assumptions and apply research in innovative ways;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Some technical skills using development and communication tools such as MS Word, Google Docs, and Slack;
- Highly organized, self-motivated, with exceptional initiative and commitment to excellence.
Salary to be negotiated during the interview process, based on previous experience.
More jobs from this recruiter
- Click here to visit the Linguahouse.com website
After clicking the button below, you will leave TesolHub to view the application page for that company.
Always make sure you are communicating with the correct company, and know that you should never have to pay to apply. That means it's a scam.TesolHub is not responsible for actions on external sites or content within job posts here.