The Speak School in Molfetta, Puglia, is looking for a dynamic English mother-tongue level and competent Italian-speaking Director of Studies to work from mid-September 2021 to mid-June 2022. Speak School is a local addition to the larger Speak group which is at the cutting edge of providing highly communicative language training and courses across Italy for children and adults.
Born from the philosophy of the Speak group, the Speak School in Molfetta is looking for a DOS with experience of providing and designing communicative, fun, exciting and creative lessons and curriculum across the levels and age ranges.
Speak is a Trinity exam centre and Cambridge preparation centre and includes a staff of experienced management (DELTA qualified, Cambridge examiners). We are looking for a DOS who is flexible and has an interest in helping deliver and expand a highly communicative programme.
You will be required to:
- Develop and monitor the learning experience of all students and take any necessary action to ensure course objectives are met;
- Organize and coordinate the teaching schedule;
- Coordinate, coach and support teachers to deliver a fun and engaging curriculum and fulfill their role;
- Carry out observations, register checks and organize regular staff meetings;
- Teach up to 15 hours of lessons as part of a full-time working week;
- Substitute for absent or sick teachers;
- Carry out placement tests, assisting Speak staff in the information and enrolment process;
- Deal with parents and students, addressing any issues and taking action accordingly.
Speak School offers group classes (4-8 students) and One-to-One students on-site and increasingly on-line. Speak is a growing organisation which is developing its corporate connections and there is the possibility of occasional off-site lessons. However, the vast majority of classes are delivered on-site.
About Molfetta: Molfetta is a small costal town (60,000 pop.) on the Adriatic coast, around 25km north of Bari which is well connected to cities across Europe. Puglia is a beautiful region with lots to offer and Molfetta is well placed for day trips to historic towns and beaches, UNESCO sites etc. Living costs are relatively low for Italy and Speak will help with finding accommodation and settling as well as any contractual documentation required post-Brexit.
- Degree Required
- Teaching experience:
- 5 years
- Native level English speaker preferred
Competent level of Italian (minimum B1)
Minimum 5 years relevant experience
EU Passport or EU working visa\permesso di soggiorno
Previous experience as a Director of Studies
Experience preparing Cambridge and/or Trinity exams
Further teaching qualifications e.g. DELTA, PGCE
- Support from senior Speak learning staff
- 1400-1600 Euros guaranteed net per month depending on qualifications and experience.
- Working hours Monday to Friday ONLY
- Legal contract with Italian NI contributions paid
- All holidays paid (2 weeks Christmas, 1 week Easter, all bank holidays)
- End of contract bonus
- Airport pick-up
- Possibility of Italian lessons
More Company Information
More jobs from this recruiter
Click to view details
- Click here to visit the Speak website
After clicking the button below, you will leave TesolHub to view the application page for that company.
Always make sure you are communicating with the correct company, and know that you should never have to pay to apply. That means it's a scam.TesolHub is not responsible for actions on external sites or content within job posts here.