ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Gunma Felice Academy was founded in 2004 by Christians and is an accredited Kindergarten and Elementary by the Japan Ministry of Education. We aim to provide a quality education based on Christian principles. Felice is located in Gunma prefecture, about 100km north of Tokyo.
Currently we are seeking teachers who are interested in Japan, its culture, and working with Japanese people. We seek teachers who are patient, friendly, and flexible. Successful applicants will have excellent communication skills and be eager to learn new things. They must be team players who proactively support their colleagues, and are thoughtful and considerate of others. They must also be able to respond to positive and negative feedback. A position at Felice involves working with children from preschool age through elementary; teachers must therefore be active and enthusiastic.
Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM. – 4:30 PM (35 hours/week)
Meetings regularly happen after working hours (approx. 2-4 per month)
Events occasionally fall on weekends or public holidays. (approx. 5 per year)
• Native-level English speaker
• Must have a BA/BS in Education or be a Certified Elementary or Secondary Teacher from an English- speaking country
• Be able to work for a minimum of one year
• TESOL, TEFL, or CELTA experience (at least 120 hours) or equivalent certificate is considered
• Teaching experience and/or instructor training experience is favorable
PREFERED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Previous classroom teaching experience
• Previous experience working with children
• Enjoyment working with children
• Flexible to changes in schedule or routines
• Honest, hardworking, flexible and dedicated individual who has a warm and energetic personality
• Copy Of College/University Diploma(s)
• Copy of Teaching Certificate
• Copy Of Transcript(s)
• 2 to 3 references
Elementary Homeroom Teacher (ages 6-13)
• Homeroom teacher for 20 students, responsible for all of the lessons and activities, preparation and all of the day-to-day operations of a classroom
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Become familiar with and utilize the Houghton Mifflin Journeys textbook series.
• Teach children to listen, speak, read and write in English using native-level materials and standard teaching techniques, supported by ESL methodology / teaching strategies.
• Learn, assess, and implement teaching techniques provided by the school, or as requested by training staff and Manager.
• Monitor children as they play outside. Make sure all playground equipment is put away properly.
• Maintain a safe environment through constant visual supervision, intervene physically in emergency situations, including, if necessary, carrying an injured child to a place of safety.
• Participate in team meetings, sharing knowledge, experiences and ideas among team members.
• Maintain a clean classroom environment. Provide a stimulating, age-appropriate, educational environment through decorations, bulletin boards, and displays of student work.. Sweep and clean the classroom daily.
• Prepare and distribute materials and letters to parents.
• Prepare challenging and stimulating, but age-appropriate, lessons and activities.
• Teach students following the company’s curriculum and teaching methodology effectively, offering interesting lessons for students that help maintain their desire to learn more in English.
• Evaluate students using a combination of formal and informal assessment strategies.
• Complete and update daily teaching, attendance, and classroom cleaning records.
• Attend required staff meetings, seminars, and other activities or events.
We have many exciting events throughout the year:
• Summer School
• Christmas Party and Concert
• Sports Day Festival
• Jamboree Bazaar
• Staff Only Parties
As well as Japanese traditional seasonal events like:
• Mochi (rice cake) Making
• Children's Day festivals
• Salary: Full-time native English teachers: JPY 270,000 ~ 300,000/month
• Completion bonus
• Social insurance
• Consecutive working hours (no split shifts)
• 10 sick/personal leave days, in addition to national holidays (approximately 12).
• Summer vacation 10 days, Winter vacation 5 days, Spring vacation March 29th to March 31st.
• Paid training
• Airfare and moving allowance reimbursement upon arriving in Japan (for teachers outside of Japan)
• Japanese Language (Free)
• Furnished/Non-furnished apartments available. Additional cost (￥4000) for furnished apartments
• Rent ranges from ￥50000 - ￥60000 per month
• Employees are responsible for their own utilities
• Cleaning fee of ￥10000
• A single apartment generally consists of 1LDK roughly 30 meters squared