Native English Teacher in Yamanashi, Japan (From Sep, 2021)
English Plus is located in the basin area of beautiful Yamanashi, roughly 2 hours from Tokyo. We are currently looking for enthusiastic motivated native English speakers to teach English as a second language. Our classes are comprised of toddlers, kindergarten and elementary children with the remaining lessons primarily made up of junior high, high school and adult students. English Plus is one of the Tokyo based, Pacific Language School (PLS) sister schools. Therefore, we use the PLS System with our elementary school classes. The job primarily involves teaching young children (max. 8 per class) and junior high to adults (max. 6 per class). Ideally, the applicant should have experience in teaching children of all ages. The position is a one-year renewable contract.
While we may not be able to respond to all applicants, we thank you for your time and interest.
- English: Native level
- Be a native English speaker
- Have at least a 4 year university degree
- Experience with teaching children
- Extra-curricular talents (e.g. music, art, penmanship)
- Knowledge of or experience with the PLS System
- Experience living abroad, preferably in Japan.
- Japanese: Conversational
- Tuesday - Saturday
- Teaching hours per week : 25 hours
- Number of work days in the year: 240
- Salary: From ¥250,000
- Preparing class materials
- Maintaining class records
- Coordinating classes with Japanese staff and management
- Maintaining an orderly work-space
- Attend certain special school events on some weekends
- Position will start from Sep, 2021
- A one year, renewable contract. (Completion bonus after a second year)
- Enrollment in the Japanese social health system which covers health insurance and pension
- An assigned ‘helper’ to assist in setting up a bank account, apartment etc.
- Bedding, stove, washing machine, fridge provided