The Montessori School of Tokyo (MST) is seeking an experienced and qualified Admissions & Educational Affairs Officer to start as soon as possible and preferably from August 2021. A member of our front office team the Admissions & Educational Affairs Officer will be skilled at managing a range of internal and external communications and systems. The ideal candidate will demonstrate attention to detail, excellent administration skills, a warm and personable approach, and the highest level of professionalism.
- To support the Head of School in the enrolment of students to MST and other admissions-related tasks pertaining to current students, families and alumni.
- To play a leading role in the organization a number of school events, trips and special events, in coordination with other faculty members.
Major Duties - Admissions
- Acts as a first and continual point of contact for prospective families from enquiry to enrolment and through to transition or graduation for departing students.
- Deals warmly and promptly with admissions inquiries from parents made by telephone, email or in person.
- Organises and conducts visits for prospective parents, ensuring the maintenance of high quality care at all times for families.
- Corresponds with families that have attended school tours.
- Processes applications in accordance with admissions procedures, including making arrangements for school visits, checking the validity of documentation, and ensuring a positive and professional experience for all applicants.
- Manages important health information (including allergies, medical history) and communicates with relevant parties.
- Organises school orientations for new families and other community-building events.
- Analyses trends in student recruitment and retention; develops strategies for best practice admissions programme and cycle.
- Maintains confidential family records in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintains Admissions Calendar.
- Liaises with the Communications team with regard to public relations and marketing, and is proactive in generating opportunities to promote the school and its community.
- Maintains alumni database and coordinates alumni events.
- Handles recommendations for students applying to other schools.
- Keeps up to date with admissions trends and demographic changes.
- Positively represents the school at all times.
Major Duties - Educational Affairs
- Organizes numerous annual trips and events:
- Contacts and communicates with local vendors.
- Books facilities and transportation.
- Works with school leadership to conduct risk assessments of external locations used for trips.
- Manages sign-up forms and electronic database, preparing documentation, etc.
- Arranges meetings and coordinates/plans with other faculty members as needed.
- Other administrative duties to assist with the running of the school.
- Assists teachers and other faculty as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Native English speaker with highly developed written and spoken communication skills, and a high level of Japanese including writing OR native Japanese speaker with a sophisticated level of English including writing.
- A people person with a warm and friendly nature, who can problem-solve and operate calmly when under pressure.
- Affinity with and interest in Montessori education.
- Highly organised and skilled in gathering and presenting data.
- Ability to evaluate records/transcripts, and deliver presentations.
- Strong IT skills, especially in the use of computerised systems and databases.
- Knowledge of or ability to research the admissions policies, standards, and procedures of other international schools, local schools, and universities.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to travel on occasion outside the Kanto region.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or Educational/Montessori Certification.
- Experience of working in an administrative role, ideally in a school and/or with children or customer-service driven environment.
This recruitment process is open immediately and we will be receiving and processing applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates who meet the above requirements will be contacted.