【Kindergarten ALT Position Opening in East Chiba!】
We are now seeking enthusiastic and dedicated teachers to work at kindergartens in the city of Sanmu, Chiba. This position starts in September 2021, so apply today to secure it! For those living elsewhere in Japan and interested in moving to Chiba, we are able to assist you. Please read on for more information!
Assistant Language Teachers (ALTs) work alongside Japanese teachers to make English lessons fun and engaging for the students. Practicing grammar and vocabulary, participating in games and activities to reinforce the lesson’s goals and communicating with students both inside and outside of the classroom are all part of a day’s work for ALTs.
●Location: Sanmu City, Chiba Prefecture
●Contract Duration: September 13th 2021 to March 25th 2022
●Contract Type: Full-time
●General working hours: Between 8:00 am to 17:15 pm (actual working time: 5 hours 45 minutes)
●Remuneration: Between 215,000 yen to 235,000 yen / month
●Other: The ALT will work at two schools per day. Commuting time is included in the working hours
In addition to those stated above, successful candidate must have the following:
● Have good communication skills and patience
● Have prior experience with English education
● Hold a valid Japanese Driver's License or International Driving Permit. Those who do not own a vehicle can lease a company car from us.
Being an ALT lets you work regular school hours on weekdays, leaving your evenings and weekends free. National holidays and school vacation periods are all yours to enjoy. But that’s just the beginning. ALTs with Borderlink enjoy:
● Assistance with visa sponsorship/renewal (where applicable)
● Continual Training (both before starting and annually during your time with us)
● Access to teaching materials including worksheets and flashcards
● Help with relocation & finding housing if you’re looking to move
● Round-the-clock support for your work/life needs
● Paid holidays (as stipulated by the contract)
● A yearly calendar/schedule to help manage your other commitments
● After completing the contract, those who wish to stay with us get priority for future positions
【About Sanmu City （千葉県山武市）】
Sanmu is located in the northeastern part of Chiba prefecture, about 60-70 km from the center of Tokyo. It is connected to Chiba City and Tokyo by the Sōbu and Tōgane train lines. Most of the city is located in the flatlands of the Kujūkuri Plain, and the east coast makes up part of Kujūkuri Beach, one of Japan's most famous sandy beaches. Due to mixed plantings of Japanese red pine, Japanese cypress, and Japanese cedar, Sanmu was once a center of wood production and remains active in the woodworking and carpentry trade. Sanmu is famous for carrots, watermelon, and peanuts. The city's strawberry farms are so renowned they attract tourists each year. A sleepy, peaceful bedroom community by the sea, Sanmu is a great place to live and work.
We are accepting applications now! We conduct Skype interviews regularly throughout the business week, and welcome applicants from all over Japan. We’re waiting to hear from you, so please apply today! And thank you for your interest in working with Borderlink!
▲PLEASE NOTE: as we receive a high number of applicants, only those who pass the initial screening will be contacted for an interview.